You can assign the following roles to a team safe member:
An administrator has full rights to all files and documents in a team safe meaning he/she can view, download, edit, remove and add files. Furthermore, the administrator can add and remove members, as well as change the role of each member.
An editor has full rights to all data in a team safe meaning he/she can view, download, edit, remove and add files. However, the editor cannot invite new members nor change the role and rights of existing members.
A viewer can only read and download files and documents in a team safe (using SecureViewer or mobile app access). He or she cannot edit existing nor upload new files to the safe. Moreover a viewer cannot edit, add or remove team safe members.
- Restricted viewer
A restricted viewer can only read documents (using SecureViewer or mobile app access), but not download these. This role can be assigned to protect sensitive content from a team safe from extraction. Moreover a restricted viewer cannot edit, add or remove team safe members.
An archiver can view, download and upload files, but not edit or delete them. With these permissions, this member will automatically treat a team safe as a so-called digital archive. However, strictly speaking, it is not a digital archive unless all members of the team safe are assigned the archiver role and you have requested SecureSafe to formally change the team safe into a digital archive.
An administrator of a team safe can always change the role and rights of another member. To do so follow these steps:
- Log in to your SecureSafe using your preferred browser.
- Select the desired Team Safe from the drop-down menu in the upper left-hand corner.
- Click the member’s icon in the left-hand side (illustrated by two silhouettes).
- Right click the name of the team member, whose role you want to edit and click “Edit”.
- In the window that appears, choose the appropriate role for the member in the drop-down menu labelled “Role”.