You can deactivate 2-factor authentication by using your recovery code. To do so, follow these steps:
- Find the PDF or printed document with your recovery code (you need to have printed / saved this in advance of loosing your phone).
- Go to: https://www.securesafe.com/recover
- Enter the 36-digit recovery code as requested.
- Click “Recover credentials” and reset your password.
- The system automatically disables 2-factor authentication when you use your recovery code to access your account.
- You will now be able to regain access to your SecureSafe.
- You can switch on 2-factor authentication again once you’re inside your safe. Remember to change the phone number you have provided under "My account" so that the additional security code used for login will be sent to a phone in your possession.