We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and SecureSafe service users. This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information. Throughout the text of this policy we use the term "personal information" to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not identify a specific user.
What information we collect about you
When you visit the SecureSafe website, we collect your IP address and standard web information, such as your browser type and the pages you accessed on our website. These data are used for statistical purposes only, to improve our service. If you open an account, we collect the following types of information from you:
- email address
- mobile number (optional, only used to carry out our SecureSafe service or for 2-stage authentication)
- first name, last name (optional, only used to carry out our SecureSafe service)
These data are only available to our customer service for personal interaction with you and to inform you about important system changes. Finally, we may collect additional information from or about you in other ways not specifically described here. For example, we may collect information related to your contact with our customer support team or the length of subscription time. All information, including files and passwords, that you store in your SecureSafe data-safe is fully encrypted and cannot be accessed by anyone except you.
How we protect and store personal information
We store and process your personal information on our computers in Switzerland, and we protect it by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable Swiss federal regulations. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities.
How we use the personal information we collect
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- provide the services and customer support you request;
- customize, evaluate, and improve our services and the content and layout of our website;
- send you targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- deliver specific update reports and exceptional SecureSafe special offers, based on your preferred communication methods. We do not send out these offers more than once every two months, as a short email.
- send you a series of introductory emails consisting of five emails sent at three-week intervals. The emails explain the functions and features of SecureSafe in more detail. Users who no longer wish to receive our newsletter or advertising emails can click on the "Unsubscribe" link, which is included in all the emails we send.
- compare information to test for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
How we share personal information with other parties
We rely on the services of trusted partners to implement SecureSafe. The following partners may see some of your contact data as part of their way of helping us to provide our SecureSafe service to you:
- ECall, an SMS delivery service by Dolphin Systems in Switzerland, will use your mobile number to be able to deliver notification messages for activating the inheritance procedure and to be able to deliver the SMS authentication code to you.
- Law enforcement or government officials when we are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order or similar legal procedure. If we need to do so to comply with law then we would potentially be forced to give away the username and email address. All other personal information is fully encrypted and cannot be seen by any SecureSafe/DSwiss employee.
- All our payment transactions are handled through our payment services provider, Saferpay. We will share information with Saferpay only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing payments you make via our website. DSwiss does not store your credit card information.
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so. SecureSafe will not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties in the normal course of doing business, and only shares your personal information with third parties as described in this policy.
How you can access or change your personal information
You can review and edit your personal information at any time by logging in to your account and clicking the "My Account" button in the top right corner of the SecureSafe web interface, accessible with www.securesafe.com/mylogin/
How we handle amendments to this policy
How you can contact us about privacy questions
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, you should contact us by email email@example.com or by writing to us at DSwiss AG, Attn: Privacy Department, Badenerstrasse 281, 8003 Zurich, Switzerland.
You can find answers to your support queries here: http://www.securesafe.com/en/online-support-center.html